Refreshing Inside and out, the secret to mixing summer fun
It's that time again and it seems to be fitting for us to yearn to gather with friends even if we are still distancing ourselves. Warm breezy summer nights with fire pits all a glow gives us just the incentive we need to get creative with our cocktail hour.
Many of you know I love lime in anything but this mix is just darn near perfection when it comes to combining refreshing, cooling and satisfying all in one drink. A similar version of this can be found in many Mo-jorita's recipes aka Mojito mixed with a Margarita! We call it our #sunsetmintymargarita.
You will need a cocktail shaker, 4 old fashion rocks glasses, citrus ream or citrus juicer, crushed ice is best.
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) liquid agave or sweeten to taste
- 8 ounces (250 ml) premium silver tequila
- Cold Fever Tree soda water
- 1 lime, sliced into thin wheels ( #protip always have a few limes on hand)
3 easy steps to mix your cocktail:
- Tear the mint leaves into pieces and put 1/2 cup into a cocktail shaker with 1/4 cup lime juice, 1 tablespoon clear agave, and 4 ounces premium tequila. Add crushed ice and shake well. ( you want the mint leaves to bruise and release the essence to enhance flavor)
- Strain over ice into high ball glasses and top off with the Fever Tree soda water. Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices.
- Empty the shaker and repeat the steps to make the remaining 2 drinks.
Entertaining? Try this:
- If you don’t have a jumbo-sized cocktail shaker that exceeds 24-ounce capacity, make the drinks in two batches. Rinse out the shaker in between drinks.
For those of you going but wait, I can't drink Tequila, I got you! This is totally a tasty drink even with out the tequila. So go ahead serve this at your next gathering it will be a party favorite.
Not just a pretty herb, mint leaves are commonly used across the globe. From making green chutney to refreshing mojitos, it is very versatile in nature. It not only adds an extra dash of flavor, freshness and aroma but can also benefit you in several other ways given that it has medicinal properties as well.
Check out #healthshots article on all the wonderful benefits of mint:
Cheers to a relaxing and refreshing summer!
To your good health,