Anti-Inflammatory Foods Can-do! Happy Hour reconstructed
Friends, let's get our yum on! Recently Marissa Mills from Style Firm LA and I spoke about small changes in your lifestyle designed to help you feel better and in turn bring a little joy into your world.
Finding foods that are not only tasty but reasonably priced, in season and healthy isn't this everyone's goal? Our happy hour choices don’t just last an hour! They can add countless pounds to your waistline if not careful.
So today I am sharing how I focus on healthy, fun and good!
1 large head cauliflower
1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Pizza Crust flour
2 large eggs
1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided (can be vegan type)
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan (also can sub for vegan type)
3 tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil, divided
1 tbsp. Crushed heirloom garlic
1/2 tsp of umami seasoning
Red Pepper flakes for garnishing after they are out of the oven.
Add sea salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper
1/2 homemade roasted tomato sauce ( I pre-make and store in jars)
1/2 c. Thin slice mushrooms ( I like shiitake or crimini)
1/4c. Roasted zucchini or butternut squash (small dice)
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Grate cauliflower or (use a food processor) on the small side of a box grater to form fine crumbs. I squeeze out some of the water with a cheesecloth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add eggs, 1/3 cup mozzarella, Parmesan or Pecorino, 2 tablespoons basil, and crushed fresh garlic to the bowl and season with salt and pepper. Form into small patties and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake until golden, 20 minutes.
- Top each cauliflower patty with a thin layer of homemade sauce, a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella, and add desired toppings, bake until cheese melts and pepperoni crisps, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Garnish with remaining basil and RPF’s and serve.
Ginger Orange Spiced Margaritas
La Griota Tequila
1 chilled bottle of Fever Tree Spiced Orange Ginger Ale
1 whole orange squeezed
1 orange cut into thin garnish slices
3 lime slices cut thin
If you can find dried orange rinds sliced thin for garnish
Your favorite bitters - I like a mix of Ginger, Clove, and Chamomile
Fill rocks glass with ice
Add 1 shot glass of Tequila
Add 2 shot glasses of squeezed juice
Add 2 droppers of bitters or to taste
Fill remaining space with Fever Tonic Spiced Orange
Shake or stir, garnish with orange and limes for a beautiful pow of Vitamin C and Fall Flavors.
MORE FOR YOU
Counting calories is not something I do. Honestly, I look at food and decide what will be the least anti-inflammatory and make choices from there. Some days may have a cheat “baked” into it and other days I will be more stringent with my choices. After-all we are here to live a little, are we not?
Marissa and I, I hope you will be doing this in your kitchen too!
Thanks to all of you who joined us yesterday and check out more tips and beauty fun at skinfoodbodylove.com